11 December 2013

14: RIP Little Blue - Something New

RIP Little Blue...
 
 Little Blue first arrived 11/12
 
 Little Blue (top) with other discus 11/12

 
 Early 2013, growing well...
 
Sept 2013, Little Blue (left of centre)
faded and smaller than tank mates...
 
September 2013 - officially stunted
 
 
11/12/13 is a very sad day for me... Today I had to put down my 'Little Blue' stunted cobalt discus.  If you recall my September post http://ajmaaa.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/7-stunted-discus-something-blue.html I discussed how my cobalt discus was officially stunted, where he didn't grow like the other discus.  It happens sometimes but they can often still live normal lives.  Unfortunately my little guy didn't make it; he went from being one the most feisty discus in the tank to hiding and refusing to eat.
 
Already small he couldn't afford not to eat, he was a little bugger because he ONLY ate black worms, refusing all other foods offered.  I used to break up the dried worms, which are cubed, into two pieces so the other discus could fight over one lot while 'Little Blue' sneakily got plenty a short distance away by himself.  I hand fed this little guy every day...
 
I made the decision to remove him from the tank last week when I noticed he had become emancipated and was dark in colour - not a good sign for discus.  I threw every medicine I own at him, but it wasn't enough.  He became skeletal thin and I had to make that hard decision this morning, it was time...
 
RIP Little Blue - I will really miss you...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments :)

Total Pageviews