21 February 2014

17 : The Path Less Traveled - Something New ...

Today Is The Most Amazing Day!


I'm not sure if it's because I'm sleep deprived, post a 14 hour night shift, or if life is finally beginning to make sense!  All I know is that today is the most amazing day, because today is here and now!  Despite the fact that every muscle and even many of my bones ache every step I take, I feel more alive now than ever before!  

That Zen proverb tattooed on my arm has become a reality; 'The obstacle is the path' .  Face life's obstacles head on and you are rewarded with an amazing new appreciation of life's many gifts.  I'm trying to live for the moment and be in the present as much as I can.  I am beginning to gain a new appreciation of every day life and, along with that, I am shedding much of the stress that has plagued me for many years.  It is as simple as that!

It may very well be delusional or something quite magical, but whatever it is I want more.  During my morning walk today the colours of nature surrounding me became incredibly luminous.  The trees appeared to take on a life of their own and dance purposefully in the breeze, propelling me forward effortlessly.  The musical warbles of mysterious new colourful parrots followed me along the length of my walk, adding to the magical experience.

I'm still learning, slowly but surely, to enjoy the freedom from mundane stresses and savour the pure joy of living in the moment.  My body seriously needs to catch up and get used to the fact that yes it will be walking much more regularly and, despite the aches and pains and self sabotage attempts, it will just have to get used to it.  That's right 42 year old body, you're coming with me wherever I go no matter how much you protest.  I've hit the ground running and I have never felt so light and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments :)

Total Pageviews